Blow-Your-Mind Banana Bread
Sometimes when you want a sweet treat for breakfast or you want to bring something to a brunch party that will still be 'healthyish' and make you look like a superstar . . . YUP this Banana Bread is that. Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Refined sugar free it's a winner and I might have almost eaten the whole loaf in one day with the help of my family, I'm not mad about it! Try this and let me know what you think!
- 3 whole Medium Bananas Spotted or Very Ripe are best for more sweetness
- 2 whole organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup can sub honey - this was sweet for us so could use less if you want
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk I used homemade but any nut milk will work
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend I used ground oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops collagen peptides optional for added protein
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash up bananas with a fork until they are a paste
- Whisk Eggs and add to bananas. Combine all wet ingredients and stir together.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and stir to distribute salt/ baking soda & powder
- Mix wet & dry ingredients until combined.
- Place parchment paper in a bread loaf pan (my trick is to put a little coconut oil in pan and then place parchment on top so it sticks). Place batter in pan and put in oven for 35-45 minutes. (Mine took 35 minutes, I like mine a little bit gooey in the middle).
- Option to sprinkle more nuts or chopped bananas on top before or after cooking. Also my favorite to make it sweeter is to sprinkle with sea salt flakes (or sea salt!)
This can be made with 2 flax eggs and turns out great! I have been stirring in 1/3 cup chocolate chips into ours and making into muffins. Muffins - 20-22 minutes in oven Mini Loaf - 28-30 minutes in oven
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!