Strawberry Chia Jam
This is going to be your new 'Jam' no really it's amazing and doesn't use any refined sugar. The Chia seeds give it the thickness along with an omega-3 & antioxidant boost! Super simple, and you can't feel bad if you eat the entire 16oz jar in one sitting (it's happened before!)
- 4 Cups Whole Strawberries washed, de-stemed
- 1 1/2- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice If you like a tarter jam use 2
- 2-3 tbsp local honey can use maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chia seeds whole or ground work. I like to use 2 ground 1 whole
- pinch Sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest optional if you like it extra lemony
- Wash, de-stem strawberries. In a large pot smash to desired consistency with a fork/ potato masher.
- Put berries over medium heat until them come to a simmer 3-4 minutes stir in salt, lemon juice, honey and cooke for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in chia seeds. (If you'd like it thicker you can add in more chia seeds) Let it cool completely before putting it in a jar and storing in the fridge. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
I have not yet tried this with other berries but I'm assuming it would be just as good! If you play with this please lt me know what you tried!! Hope this will help you use some of your fresh Berries during Berry Season!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!