Carrot Cake-Batter Energy Bites
Could there be anything better?! I could never eat a whole piece of carrot cake without getting sick because of all the sugar but LOVED the taste and texture of the cake. These balls are full of healthy fats, antioxidants, anti inflammatories and they taste amazing! Kids and I loved making these together!
- 6 whole dates pitted and soaked in warm water for 2minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots use food processor or grater
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice see apple pumpkin muffin recipe for homemade spice mix!
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut butter optional if you don't have it - you may just add more coconut oil in.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric fresh grated or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes OPTIONAL to coat outside
- Pit & Soak dates in warm water
- Place dates in food processor and pulse until ground up. Next adding cashews and pecans and pulse with dates until it forms a crumble or desired grainy-ness.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into processor (shredded carrots, vanilla, turmeric, salt, coconut oil, coconut butter, pumpkin pie spice) and pulse until it comes together and you can form balls.
- Roll into 16-18 balls depending on the size you want and put on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Stick in the refrigerator or freezer so they aren't so sticky 10-15minutes
- Optional: Roll balls in coconut flakes and store in air tight container in fridge or freezer! Enjoy!
These energy bites scream comfort food and sweet tooth all in one because of the spices. Feel free to change up the spice mixture if you aren't a pumpkin pie spice person you may add in ginger, cinnamon to change it up!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!