Chipotle Black Bean Soup
When the temperature dips in the single digits this soup is my new go-to. Not only warm because its soup, but it's got the perfect amount of spice to keep your insides warm and your tastebuds satisfied! BONUS it only takes 20 minutes to make and is budget friendly! Batch make this one and freeze for when you need a quick lunch or side to your dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin is my go-to
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sweet oinion chopped
- 2 15oz can organic black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups stock/ bone broth or broth/ stock of choice (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder adjust depending on how spicy you like ie
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt add more to taste once it cools
- 1 avocado optional for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro optional for garnish
- In large stock pot saute olive oil, onion, red pepper and garlic for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add can of tomatoes and all of the spices (oregano, chili powder, cumin, coriander, chipotle chili powder and salt) stir to combine.
- Add only 1 can worth of the black beans and 2 cups broth to stock pot and bring to a simmer for 8-10 minutes then turn off heat.
- Using high speed or immersion blender blend to desired consistency. Add in second can of beans to blended soup and stir to combine. Reheat on low and then optional to serve up with avocado and chopped cilantro!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!