Delicata & Apple Kale Salad
All of my fall favorites are in this salad and even though it's not warm, it's still super cozy and is a great dish to transition us from Indian summer temps into the cooler fall weather.
- 2 bunches organic dino kale de-stemmed, washed and chopped
- 2 whole delicata squash Skin on, de-seeded and chopped into half moon rounds(butternut will work too)
- 2 whole organic apples I love honey crisp, something sweet!
- 1/4 cup pepitas or raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds optional
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small shallot optionals (chopped fine)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Delicata Squash Prep: Cut in half long ways, scoop out seeds and cut into half moon shapes. Use 1 tsp olive oil/ avocado oil to toss and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes flipping half way through.
- Wash & Chop Kale and Apple Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk or blend in a high speed blender (for more of a creamy texture) all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Massage Kale with 1-2 tbsp of the dressing. Top the Kale with the Delicata, Apple, Pepitas, Hemp Seeds and drizzle remaining dressing over the top. Option to drizzle your favorite balsamic over the top too - in place of the leftover dressing (you can save that for another batch!)
- This is great to have the next day if you have leftovers because the Kale will hold up!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!