No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites
The perfect treat year round but especially during Easter weekend! I love carrot cake but always feel HORRIBLE after eating it, the oil, the cream cheese frosting the sickening amount of sugar all tastes great at the time . . . but after YUK. So here is an alternative that tastes AMAZING and will also keep you feeling amazing!
- 1 cup walnuts 1/2 cup roughly chopped to stir in
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots I buy pre-shredded carrots so they are less watery or I juice 1/2 cup and use the pulp so they aren't watery.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg optional
- 1/4 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water for an hour or more or pour boiling water over and let sit 5 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak Cashews in water for an hour or pour boiling water over them and let them sit for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until a frosting like consistency is formed.
- Place in the refrigerator to thicken up before you frost the carrot cake bites.
Carrot Cake Bites
- In food processor pulse dates until they are broken up. Add in pecans, 1/2 Cup of the walnuts, 1/2 Cup of the shredded carrots. Pulse until all are broken down into large crumbles.
- Place mixture in bowl and add in coconut, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg along with remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup shredded carrots stir until combined. (Add raisins if you have them)
- Line a mini muffin tin with liners (I like the rubber ones) or paper works too. Fill them with the cake mixture and press down. Place in refrigerator to form for an hour.
- Frost them right before serving and top with a walnut and extra shredded coconut or sea salt flakes. ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!