Roasted Garlic Beet Hummus
The perfect pop of color to your crudite platter. It's got the perfect sweet and savory and wonderful nutritional benefits to dip your veggies or favorite crackers in (try my seed crackers - linked below in the notes!)
- 1 head/ bulb garlic roasted
- 2 whole medium beets or 1 large roasted
- 1 15oz can organic chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp aquafaba chick pea juice/ water from can
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Turn oven to 375. Prep your garlic and beets. Cut off 1/2 inch off of the top of the garlic bulb and drizzle with a little olive oil, wrap in foil and twist at the top to seal in heat. Wash and scrub beets - leave skin on - cut the leafs off roast with the garlic cut side up.
- Roast garlic for 40-45 minutes. Roast beets for 45-60 minutes until you can stick a knife through them. Do the day before to save time let cool completely before you use them in the hummus.
- Before you drain the chick peas make sure you save 1/4 cup of the water from the can (aquafaba) to use for the hummus - set aside.
- Peel your cooled roasted beet/s and slice into small pieces.
- In a food processor place the drained and rinsed chick peas, olive oil, chopped beets, squeeze your whole head of roasted garlic out of the bulb, salt, lemon juice. Pulse to bring together.
- Add in 1 tbsp of aquafaba in at a time to get to your desired consistency of hummus. Mine only took 1 tbsp. Before serving you can drizzle with olive oil and top with sesame seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!