Fiesta Summer Salad
This Fiesta Salad is going to kill it at your next summer BBQ! The perfect crunch and a big burst of flavors!
- 3 whole organic ears of corn cut off of husk - kept raw and sweet
- 1 1/2 -2 cups organic quinoa cooked (about 1 cup dry)
- 1 15 oz can organic black beans washed and rinsed
- 1 whole organic red bell pepper chopped / julienned
- 1 large green onion chopped
- 1/2 small red onion sliced long ways
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2-3 whole limes juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 whole jalepeno seeded and chopped small - optional
- 1 cup organic chunky salsa to take and put on last
- 1/4 cup cashew cream / sour cream optional to top - see below for how to make cashew cream
- 1 whole avocado optional to tp
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Husk and cut corn off of the cobb. Mix Quinoa, rinsed black beans, corn, bell pepper, green onion, red onion, cilantro, jalepeno in a large bowl, add in taco seasoning and stir.
- Before you serve (over greens or with a big bag of organic blue corn tortilla chips) stir in lime juice, 1 tsp sea salt, and top with salsa, avocado and cashew cream sauce (1/2 cup soaked cashews, 1/2 water from soaked cashews, 1 tsp sea salt blended together)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!