Summer Italian Pasta Salad
I'm a fan of cold pasta salads especially in the summer when you can bring it for BBQ's or picnics! This one will be a fan favorite, its very filling and I love all the colors!
- 2-3 cups cooked pasta I like to use Banza - chick pea pasta or gluten free
- 1 15oz can black olives
- 1/2 cup green olives I like the large ones
- 1 15oz can organic cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup organic grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup radishes sliced thin
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped or cut with scissors
- 1 tbsp garlic minced - I used a garlic scape!
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette see below for homemade!
- 1 cup cold meat optional (hard salami, prosciutto, ham etc)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder or minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil I like quality here or extra virgin
- Toss all Salad ingredients together. Measure out 1/4 cup of your vinaigrette and toss into salad. Store in fridge until ready to eat - I like to toss with vinaigrette at least an hour before so the flavors can ignite together.
- Stir together dried ingredients and then whisk in mustard, lemon juice and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to combine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!