One Pan Mexican Quinoa
This is a great dish to make for a big group when you don't have a ton of time. Most ingredients you have on hand so you can make it at a moments notice if you need to! This is a Stride10 coaching recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth organic if possible
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!