Golden Milk Latte
Instead of indulging in an extra glass of wine or brewing decaf coffee this is my favorite new way to unwind after I get the kids down! It is warm, and sweet and so good for us! Give it a try and you'll be surprised how comforting this is! A great way to reduce inflammation before you get snuggled into bed!
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk/ milk of choice unsweetened, coconut milk or cashew milk works great too!
- 1 tsp turmeric if you have fresh grate 2 tsps
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon optional but helps give you more antioxidants
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/8 tsp dried mine is strong so be careful here! fresh grated is even better if you have it!
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 tbsp maple syrup or honey you could use liquid stevia too or organic sugar
- nutmeg sprinkle to taste
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour in your milk
- Whisk in turmeric, ginger, pepper, cinnamon, honey / maple syrup.
- Let it come just to a simmer then serve in your favorite mug! I love to add a little cashew milk foam to the top or take my froth whisk to make it foam like you get from the barista!
If you like a little frothiness on top you could add a little more fat to your recipe. Some like to put in a little bit of coconut oil and place in a blender just like you would bullet-proof coffee!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!