Egg Young Foo-ish Pancakes
One of my favorite dairy-free & grain-free breakfast recipes from Nomnompaleo.com
- 6 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup protein of choice cooked & chopped (ham, beef, sausage etc)
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeeze dried
- 2 green onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, coconut flour, fish sauce, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Mix in protein, spinach, scallions, cilantro, baking soda, salt & pepper
- Melt a Tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan, grab 3 tbsp of your mixture and plop into pan. Flatten with a spoon into a pancake ½ inch thick.
- Fry on one side for 2 minutes and then flip to other side 1-2 more minutes until cooked through. Will bounce back when done in center.
- Easy to eat these plain or spice them up with Siracha, salsa, avocado etc!
You can make so many variations of these depending on what you have on hand, get creative here. My kids love these in their lunches and for a quick breakfast on the go. It's nice to make these on the weekend for the week ahead.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!