Sweet Potato Hash & Fried Eggs
This is a very cheap way to eat breakfast everyday! Not only cheap but satisfying. Carb, Protein and added fat of your choice will easily get you through to lunch! This is a POWER breakfast…try it! recipe is from nomnompaleo.com
- 1 sweet potato Large, organic is best when buying potatoes!
- Sea salt to taste
- garlic powder onion powder, dried herbs of choice
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 4 Egg organic
- Using a food processor assemble and prepare for the grated blade. Cut potato into pieces and put into grater to make ‘hash’. If you don’t have a food processor you can grate potato on a cheese grater. (You can make a big batch and store grated in fridge to use throughout the week!)
- Heat frying pan and put coconut oil in to heat up
- Season the potatoes you want to use with herbs / salt & pepper and put in fry pan. I like to cover and allow bottom of hash to get brown and crunchy then flip and let cook until its soft and tender.
- When the hash is done to your liking take it out and set aside
- Add the other bit of coconut oil for the eggs and then cook them sunny side up.
- Serve the sunny side eggs over hash and if you would like add a small dollop of home made mayo or avocado! YUM
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!