Prosciutto Egg Muffins
You can make these with whatever veggies you have on hand. My favorite variation is the one from www.nomnompaleo.com
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 8 oz bag frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dried (important to get water out)
- 9 egg if you have egg whites you can use 6 eggs & 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or whole milk
- 2 tbls coconut flour
- 5 oz prosciutto I buy mine at Costco and it keeps well to mix in leftovers with roasted veggies later in the week
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put coconut oil and chopped veggies in pan and sauté until mushroom moisture evaporates, season with salt & pepper
- Beat eggs with coconut flour and milk then add cooled sautéed veggies and spinach to combine
- Any remainder oil from pan can be brushed into muffin tins before you place ½ or a full slice (up to you)of prosciutto to form the muffin ‘wrapper’
- Spoon egg mixture into prosciutto lined muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they come out clean in the middle with a knife.
You can really add any veggies you like to these and you could eliminate the meat if you just want a veggie option.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!