Vegan Mac & Cheese
Do not judge this before you try it, this is DELICIOUS! I sometimes have to restrain my self from spooning the 'cheese' sauce into my mouth! I like to use ‘black bean’ pasta found at trader joes or my new favorite Banza! Recipe is from detoxinista.com
Pasta & Vegetables
- 1 package grain free/ gluten free pasta
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp mustard dijon or yellow
- turmeric just a pinch
- cayenne pepper just a pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 if you are adding roasted broccoli and mushrooms. Roast it while you are making your cheese sauce. Slice into bite size pieces and place on sheet pan.
- Start a boiling pot for your pasta. Place pasta in pot once boiling while you are prepping cheese sauce so it is ready when the cheese sauce it.
- For the cheese sauce, if you have vitamix/ blentec or high-speed blender this sauce will be quick! Throw all ingredients in and blend until smooth. If you have a processor or immersion blender you can do cashews first then add other ingredients.
- Add pasta, cheese sauce and roasted veggies and stir together!
- If you like your pasta a little crunchy on the top you can take it to the next step and bake it in a dish at 350 for 20 minutes. (I’ve never done that before because I’ve always thought it was good the way it was!)
**I add roasted broccoli and mushrooms to ‘beef’ mine up and add in extra veggies that the kids don’t notice roast at 350 ahead of time and can be stored in fridge until ready to be used.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!